By Francis Moran
The Network of Angel Organizations – Ontario is having its annual follow-on investment forum in two weeks and eight Ontario companies that previously received angel investment will be looking for additional funding to continue their growth. The eight are:
- Brain FX, which creates web-and-tablet-based clinical assessment tools that help healthcare professionals measure the effects of brain disorders on a person’s ability to function in real life.
- ChangeIt, a new and innovative way to automatically round up your payment card purchases, creating virtual change that can automatically be directed to a charitable organisation of your choice.
- Dejero, whose products help broadcasters, media companies, and organizations of all sizes reach their global multiscreen audiences instantly and cost-effectively.
- Greengage Mobile, a web and mobile software platform designed to engage and drive adoption of health and wellness, community, and green actions on a large scale by prompting and rewarding positive behavioral changes.
- Renix, which has a novel ion-exchange process currently in small-scale joint development with customers in the food ingredients, bio-based chemicals, water and mining industries.
- Ubi, a voice-activated connected device that, among other things, allows you to search the Internet, send text messages and control your home automation systems.
- ViaFoura, a social monetization platform that enables brands with digital content to better engage, understand and monetize their online community.
- Vida, which has developed an innovative catalytic converter technology that allows automakers to reduced emissions, reduce costs and increase fuel economy.
More than a dozen venture capital firms have registered to attend the forum, which will be held Monday, May 26, from 9:30am to 6:30pm at Arcadian Loft, 401 Bay Street, Toronto.