Singletouch provides large industrial contractors with a suite of software tools that give them back control of their business. The company’s comprehensive platform digitally captures labor, equipment and material data in the field, where and when transactions happen, and feeds that data into back-office systems. The results are reduced risk, better cash flow and improved customer relationships. With offices in Calgary and Phoenix, the company was founded to solve a problem that couldn't be handled by traditional accounting packages.
What we did
Having previously tried and failed to enter the U.S. market, Singletouch retained Francis Moran and Associates as its virtual chief marketing officer to develop a more reliable understanding of its customers, their pain, the value of the company’s solution, and the sales and marketing strategy required to succeed. It was clear to us that Singletouch’s previous messaging wrongly positioned the company as a point solution and undermined its real value proposition. A whole new approach was indicated.
Over a seven-month period we:
- Researched and wrote a comprehensive new marketing strategy, including more effective messaging and positioning that more clearly articulated the company’s value proposition and its sharp differentiation from the competition, and an 18-month detailed plan of action;
- Developed a powerful new theme line for the company: “We build control centers for industrial contractors;”
- Refined the company’s visual identity and developed a new graphics standards manual;
- Researched, designed, developed and wrote an entire new website, porting it to an easier-to-use content management system;
- Designed and developed a new trade show booth;
- Launched the new website and trade show booth at an important regional trade show that yielded the targeted number of new leads, one of which converted within weeks;
- Researched and developed a broader trade show strategy to focus on key opportunities where prospects gathered, along with a coherent process for addressing them;
- Adjusted the company’s sales process, restructured its SalesForce CRM to reflect this new sales process, and outlined potent new sales-support tools to drive the various stages of the process;
- Interviewed and hired an internal marketing coordinator and then directed that internal resource;
- Launched a media relations program to re-introduce the company to key trade and business media in the U.S. and Canada;
- Researched and designed an appropriate social media program and assisted internal resources in implementing it;
- Researched, wrote, designed and implemented a creatively arresting and effective direct mail campaign to introduce Singletouch to 100 new prospects that our research identified as high-potential, early-revenue targets;
- Developed an editorial strategy for, and designed, wrote and produced the first issue of a lead-generation newsletter;
- Provided ongoing counsel on a range of sales and marketing issues, including a sharp change in the company’s pricing model.
By the time Singletouch internalized its program seven months after retaining us, we had built a solid new foundation for the company’s sales and marketing activities. All the necessary systems and processes had been designed and put into place along with the internal resources to manage them. Web traffic was on the rise. Lead-generation programs were showing results. Media coverage had been obtained. Social media activities were building new communities and increasing engagement.
And new sales were being made.
What the client said
"When I hired Francis Moran to lead our marketing efforts in 2011, I had very high expectations. We needed to completely rebuild our marketing from the ground up. Francis and his team not only met those high expectations but exceeded them. He brought a very high level of strategic thinking, professionalism and creativity to our organization that will be felt for many years to come in our quest to build a successful IT company."
Marty Hilsenteger, Founder and CEO